Sunday, February 19, 2012

iPad Resources Part 2!

We recently published a post about different resources for using iPads for your classroom. Shannon and I got an iPad to use in our classroom that was purchased with a grant from our school! We've found so many different iPad resources to use in our classroom. I am fortunate enough to have my personal iPad and school iPad in my classroom. There are so many great ways to use an iPad in your classroom. I hope you find the resources useful!

One of the best Apps that I have found is called Splashtop. This app uses your iPad as a remote for what is displayed on your computer. I use this app to pull up my interactive white board lesson on my iPad via my computer. My iPad displays the lesson and I can walk around the classroom and get my students involved in the lesson. They LOVE it. The app is $4.99, but so worth it!


One of the biggest ways that I have been using my iPad in my classroom is during small group lessons. I will often pull up graphic organizers or videos to show during my small group lessons. I love the ShowMe app. It is an interactive white board on your iPad. You can write and record different  lessons. This is a great tool to reteach a concept. I also think that it is a great way for your higher level students to create their own lessons. The ShowMe app is free!


This is a Google Doc that some teachers at our school, Shuford Elementary, complied together. There are many different types of apps that can be used across all grade levels. This list was started by Cindy Geddes, a first grade teacher at our school. Thank you Cindy!



Apps for Shuford

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a list! Thanks for sharing. I have two iPads, both personal, that I use in my room. I knew about most of these listed, but a couple were new. I am sharing this list with my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a FANTASTIC list of resources - I have one iPad for my class (which I ended up buying myself because I wanted to have one so badly). I'm always looking for new ideas!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great resource! I don't have an iPad {yet}, but I know it will be useful. Many of your listed apps are also good for the iPod, which I do have...

    Thanks!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, these apps are so great! How are you all using your iPads/iPods in your classroom? I'm still trying to fit it into my schedule, and learn the best ways to use them with my students. I would love to hear your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a suggested app for fact fluency. It is called Timed Test Arcade and it provides students the chance to practice addition, or subtraction, multiplication or division. It is timed, graded, and will tell you how many seconds per problem. You can have multi- users on one iPad. It will keep their scores.... Great app for classroom use and gret reduction of teacher time spent on grading.

    Cost is $1.99

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...